Thiésaz is a beautiful Swiss village located on the foothills of the Alps, known for its stunning views of the surrounding mountains, charming streets and picturesque landscapes. If you are planning a trip to this idyllic destination, here’s a handy travel guide to help you make the most of your visit.
The easiest way to reach Thiésaz is by train, and luckily, the village is well-connected to the rest of Switzerland and Europe through the Swiss Federal Railways (CFF). You can book your train tickets online through popular resellers such as Omio, Raileurope or directly with the CFF website.
If you are traveling from within the EU, the Interrail pass provides an excellent option to explore Thiésaz along with other destinations in Switzerland. As a resident of the EU, an Interrail pass grants you unlimited travel on the Swiss Federal Railways and other major train networks in Europe, making it a convenient and cost-effective option.
Where to Stay:
Thiésaz offers plenty of options for accommodation, ranging from cozy bed and breakfasts to luxury hotels. If you prefer staying close to the heart of the village, the Hotel Restaurant Le Terminus, Le Relais Alpin and Hotel Les Diablerets are popular choices. For a more secluded stay, consider booking a chalet or apartment in the surrounding hills.
Things to Do:
1. Hiking: Thiésaz is a hiker’s paradise, with numerous trails leading through breathtaking alpine scenery. You can follow the scenic marked trails leading up to Col Du Pillon or hike up to the Glacier 3000 for a panoramic view of the village and surrounding mountains.
2. Skiing and Snowboarding: If you’re visiting in the winter months, Thiésaz offers excellent skiing and snowboarding options, with one of the most popular ski resorts in Switzerland, Les Diablerets, easily accessible from the village.
3. Explore the Village: Thiésaz boasts of charming streets and picturesque buildings, making it a great destination for explorers who wish to get a taste of local culture. Take a stroll through the village and discover the local restaurants, cafes, and bakeries serving up fresh Swiss delights.
4. Visit the Lauenensee Lake: Located in the tranquil Lauenental Valley, the Lauenensee Lake offers a scenic spot for fishing, swimming or just relaxing amidst picturesque surroundings.
5. Take the Glacier 3000 Cable Car: The Glacier 3000 cable car offers a unique hands-on experience to visitors, taking you to over 3000 meters where you can enjoy stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
Thiésaz offers an idyllic mix of natural beauty, Alpine culture, and local charm to visitors, making it a popular destination for hikers, skiers, and explorers. Planning your trip in advance can help you make the most of your time in the village and ensure you don’t miss out on some of its most iconic experiences.