Located in the heart of Austria’s Mostviertel region, Stadt Haag is a charming town that is worth visiting for its rich history, scenic beauty, and vibrant cultural scene. If you are planning a trip to this part of Austria, here are some tips on how to get there, what to see and do, and where to stay.
The easiest way to travel to Stadt Haag is by train, as it is well connected to the rest of Austria and Europe. You can book your train tickets online through various resellers such as Omio, Trainline, Raileurope, and All Aboard. If you are from another EU country than Austria, you can also use your Interrail pass to travel to Stadt Haag.
When booking your tickets, keep in mind that it is often cheaper to book directly with the operator, but it may take more time and effort. If you are looking for convenience and quick service, booking your entire trip with a reseller may be your best bet, but be prepared to pay 5-15% more.
Things to see and do:
Stadt Haag is a small town, but it has a lot to offer in terms of cultural and outdoor activities. Here are some of the top attractions:
– Stadt Haag Castle: This beautifully restored castle is a symbol of the town’s rich history and serves as a cultural center for concerts, exhibitions, and events.
– Town Square: The main square of Stadt Haag is a picturesque spot with historic buildings, shops, and cafés.
– Mostviertel Museum: This museum showcases the region’s traditional crafts, culture, and agriculture, including its famous apple and pear orchards.
– Haager Wald: This forested area surrounding Stadt Haag is ideal for hiking, biking, and wildlife watching.
– Local festivals: Throughout the year, Stadt Haag hosts various festivals celebrating its heritage, including the Mostviertel Wine Festival, the Christmas Market, and the Castle Festival.
Where to stay:
Stadt Haag has a range of accommodation options for different budgets and tastes. Here are some of the best:
– Stadt Haag Castle Hotel: Located within the castle itself, this boutique hotel offers luxurious rooms and suites with period furnishings and modern amenities.
– Hotel Restaurant Wallner: This family-run hotel is known for its warm hospitality, Austrian cuisine, and comfortable rooms.
– Pension Sunnseit’n: This cozy guesthouse is situated in the countryside near Stadt Haag and offers a peaceful retreat with a garden and terrace.
– Ferienhaus Einsteinhaus: This charming vacation rental is a fully equipped house that can accommodate up to six people and is located in the heart of the town.
Whether you are interested in history, nature, or culture, Stadt Haag has something to offer for everyone. So pack your bags, book your train ticket, and get ready for a memorable trip to this hidden gem in Austria’s Mostviertel region.